Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy
Last updated: October 11, 2021
Flagel Huber Flagel (“FHF”) is committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who visits our website or registers to use our services. This Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy (the “Notice”) is designed to tell you about our practices regarding collection, use, storage, and disclosure of information we collect via our website and the consent required for those activities. Please be sure to carefully read this Notice in its entirety before using or submitting information to this site.
Your use of this Website
Use of this Website constitutes your agreement to the terms of this Notice and the application of any applicable laws and regulations. Whenever you submit personal data and any other information via this Website, you acknowledge that data and information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with this Notice.
Our services are geared towards businesses, adults over 18 and not aimed at children. We do not collect information from children 13 and under. If you are using our services to file personal tax returns, we may receive information about children from you.
Information we collect
We will use and process your personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. “Personal Data” is data relating to you from which you can be reasonably identified. Examples of Personal Data include your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number, job title or the company you work for. We recognize that your Personal Data is valuable and we process it in accordance applicable law.
We will collect and use your Personal Data solely for the specified and legitimate purposes stated in this Notice. We use your Personal Data to:
• set up your account and verify your identity;
• provide the services and related activities you request;
• provide direct and digital marketing communications via email, direct mail and telephone communication or through personalized online experiences;
• contact you, if you request that we contact you or to send you the requested information;
• provide better customer service when you contact us;
• improve the quality, content and overall user experience of the Website and the Applications;
• notify you of new features and updates to the Website or our Applications and services;
• administer surveys; and
• address other business needs such as website administration, security and fraud prevention, legal compliance and business continuity.
Information you provide to us
The Website actively collects information from its visitors both by asking you specific questions when you interact with us such as:
• registering on our Website;
• signing up to receive information from us;
• making a purchase for services;
• accessing certain parts of the Website, such as the Client Portal;
or otherwise by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail. You can choose not to enter any of your Personal Data into the Website. However, if you choose not to provide us with your Personal Data in these circumstances, we will be unable to respond to your inquiry, and/or engage in further communications with you.
We will, depending on the nature of your communication with FHF, use your Personal Data as follows:
• If you are making an inquiry about how our services could help your business: we will use your Personal Data to respond to any inquiry you may make and/or provide you with information that you request from us because we need to use your Personal Data to communicate with you, to respond to your request and develop the relationship between us;
• If you view or download a content asset (e.g. case study) we will use your Personal Data to provide you with information and materials that could be relevant or related to the content asset that you viewed or downloaded;
• If you are making an inquiry about how we can provide FHF services to your business: we will use your Personal Data to consider how your business could utilize our services;
• If you are an existing client, supplier, or partner of ours and you are making an inquiry about your agreement or relationship with us: we will use your Personal Data to respond to you as an existing client, supplier or partner of ours in relation to a pre-existing agreement or relationship.
It may also be necessary for us to:
• use your Personal Data to perform an agreement with your business, where we would be unable to provide those services to or receive them from your business without that information (for example, if a particular service or information is to be provided to you at your business, we would be unable to provide that service or information unless we were able to use your Personal Data for that reason);
• use your Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation relating to how we manage our business or our relationship with your business;
• If you are a member of the public and you are making an inquiry about whether you could work for us: we will use your Personal Data to consider and decide how to respond to your inquiry regarding job vacancies. We manage our talent management and “Careers” page through a third-party service provider. This provider will receive and store your Personal Data pursuant to our services agreement and may only use your Personal Data to provide us with candidates for job vacancies. It may also be necessary for us to use your Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation relating to how we manage our human resources;
• If we do not know you or your role at your business: we may also use your Personal Data to confirm your identity and the business that you work for, as well as your role at that business. We do this to make sure that your inquiry is genuine and is not being made for fraudulent reasons or is spam. We may also do this because we may be subject to legal obligations which require us to confirm the details that you provide to us before entering into a relationship with you; and
• We may use your Personal Data to contact you to share information about relevant services, news and events via email, direct mail or telephone. When you enter your contact details for this reason, you will be consenting to us contacting you for these purposes. We will only be able to send you marketing communications if you have provided your information. You are entitled to withdraw your consent to us contacting you or to amend your communication preferences by contacting us at the email address listed under Contact Information below or by calling our offices.
If you decide that you do not want to receive any email correspondence from us about the services we could provide your business, press releases, newsletters, and/or other topics please click the “unsubscribe” link provided in that email message. Withdrawing your consent will not affect our use of the Personal Data prior to you withdrawing that consent but it will mean that we will not be able to contact you about the services we may be able to offer you or your business in the future.
Information we collect from your browser and your device
As you navigate through the Website and Applications, we will automatically collect information about your interaction with the Website and Applications such as your IP address, traffic data, clickstream information, time stamp, location data, web logs, other communication data and the resources that you access when you visit the Website and your browser or other applications on your device interact with it. We automatically collect this data using various technologies such as cookies, web logs and beacons and internet tags as described below. This information allows us to better tailor our content to users’ needs and is only gathered while you are on the Website.
We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. As discussed below, we use this information to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information for statistical analysis, determine the fastest route for your computer to connect to our Website and administer and improve the website.
To the extent this information constitutes personal data, we use it to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device to improve our customers’ online experience in relation to the Website.
Sharing of information with third parties
We do not sell, rent or lease your Personal Data to third parties without your consent. We also will not use your Personal Data to sell you other Services offered by us or our affiliates without your consent. However, we may share your Personal Data with third parties in certain situations in order to confirm your identity, respond to your request and facilitate your use of the Website.
By visiting the Websites and using our Services you agree to the following disclosures:
a. we may check your Personal Data by searching for your name and that of your business in publicly available and private databases of business and individuals, which will use the details entered by us to provide us with the search results. For example, we may use databases such as those retained by LinkedIn or data.com for this purpose;
b. we may pass your information on to selected third parties including:
• our business partners, but only to the extent you have purchased or expressed an interest in a product or service of such business partner or interacted with or otherwise authorized the sharing of your Personal Data with such business partner;
• a purchaser or successor entity in the event of a sale or other corporate transaction involving some or all of our business or as needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, or as needed for external audit, compliance or corporate governance related matters;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us on the improvement and optimization of the Website; and
Below is a description of the types of cookies used on the Website and provides detail about what they are used for. When you use the Website for the first time, cookies which are essential to make the Website operate (see those identified as “essential cookies” below) will have been set. If you do not want other cookies set, please adjust your browser settings as described below under “Disabling or deleting cookies.”
Some cookies are deleted when you close your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
If you do not want cookies to be stored, then you may turn off certain cookies described below individually or you can select the appropriate options on your web browser to delete some or all cookies. Please note, however, that if you block some or all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to use or access all or parts of the Website, such as being able to log on to member specific areas.
We use session cookies for the following purposes:
• To allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information.
• To allow you to access stored information for future use, such as registration.
• To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our Website and Applications and to help us improve the structure of our Website and Applications.
We use persistent cookies for the following purposes:
• To help us recognize you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our Website.
• To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our Website and to help us improve the structure of our Website.
• To internally identify you by account name, email address, customer ID, and location (geographic and computer ID/IP address).
Disabling or deleting cookies
You can set your browser so that installed cookies are deleted and you do not receive cookies during your next use of the website.
If you disable or delete cookies, it may be that you do not have access to (parts of) the website or that the website does not work optimally. To find out more about these functions, it is best to consult your browser instructions or the help function of your browser.
To find our more about cookies, including information on how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Do Not Track”
We do not currently commit to responding to web-browser do not track signals or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Data about a user’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (“DNT”). This is due in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators. We will continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and reassess our practices with respect to DNT as needed.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures on our servers, which are designed to protect your Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, Personal Data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. You should keep in mind that Internet transmissions (including emails) are never completely secure or error-free. As such, you should take steps to protect yourself, especially online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or other transmissions. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on the Website, it is your responsibility to safeguard them. You should choose a strong password, do not use the same password that you use on other websites and do not share your password with anyone else. Also remember to sign out of your Client Portal and close your browser window when you have finished so that others who may have access to your computer cannot access your Personal Data.
Links to other websites, social media and public forums
International data transfers
We store and process your personal data in the United States and our services are intended to be used to file and report on United States federal and state tax obligations. By providing us with your Personal Data, you consent to this transfer. Your Personal Data shall be protected in accordance with this Notice regardless of where it is processed or stored.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may from time to time amend this Notice to reflect any changes in our practices, services and legal obligations. If we make any material changes to the way we collect, use or share your Personal Data, we will notify you of those changes by posting an updated notice on the specific site to which it relates or by an electronic communication to you, which will indicate the effective date of the proposed changes. Your continued use of the Website and the services following the effective date of a change to this Notice signifies your acceptance and agreement to the terms of the revised notice. We encourage you to periodically visit this page to determine the current terms to which you are bound. This Notice has been revised at the “Last Updated” date displayed at the top of this Notice.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Notice or our privacy practices or wish to file a complaint, please contact us in one of the following ways:
3400 South Dixie Drive
Dayton, OH 45439, USA
By phone: 937-299-3400