This week, our Partner Spotlight introduces you to Chris McCaskey, CPA, CGMA. Chris has been with the firm for ten years. Read on to learn more about Chris and his interests…
Christopher C. McCaskey, CPA, CGMA
How long have you worked at the firm? Ten years.
Educational Background: Cedarville University, BS in Accounting
Tell me about your area of expertise at Flagel. What do you help people to do? I specialize in tax planning and compliance for individuals and perform audits of closely held businesses. I also work closely with our Not-for-Profit clients, and I am qualified to perform audits in accordance with the Uniform Guidance.
What do you enjoy most about working at Flagel Huber Flagel? The relaxed culture at the firm and the relationships I’ve built with clients and co-workers.
What is your personal/family life like? 2022 has been a big year for our family with the following major events:
- Our son John and daughter-in-law Emily made us grandparents in March (Wesley Christopher).
- We welcomed a new daughter-in-law in May when our son, Joey married Jordan.
- Becky and I celebrated 25 years of marriage in July.
- Our son John started medical school at Ohio University in August.
- Our lives have been turned upside down by our new golden retriever puppy named Rizzo!
What are your interests, hobbies, and/or how do you like to spend your time? I enjoy working in my yard, watching Cincinnati Reds and Bengals games, vacationing in Florida, playing with our puppy, and learning about Dayton history.
Any fun facts about you that you’d like to share? One summer in high school my soccer team traveled to Russia to play soccer for two weeks.
Favorite movie/band/musician/TV show? Favorite Movie: Music: Star Wars / Rocky / Indiana Jones.